Time management tipsby Shayne Webber, Ph.D. on 06/21/11
1. Make a list of 5 items to complete for the day. Too many items and you will not get them all done and consequently feel less accomplishment.
2. Focus on the difficult tasks first. The easy ones may make the list shorter, but many times at the expense of never getting to the more difficult tasks.
3. Schedule time slots for the everyday tasks (checking email, reading, meetings) and when time is up....move on .
4. Leave some space in the schedule for the "fires." We all have fires to put out, but we must leave room for the accomplishments.
5. Work harder than everyone around you. It may not seem to pay off quickly, but it will...it will.
Take care and God Bless,
Shayne Webber, Ph.D.